With shale development hitting Ohio at a rapid pace, OSU’s Agricultural & Resource Law Program will host our first Ohio Oil and Gas Law Symposium on Thursday, June 16, 2011. “The New Ohio Oil and Gas Boom: Drilling into Legal Issues,” will take place at the Longaberger Golf Club near Newark, Ohio. The day-long educational program for attorneys will address many of the initial legal issues related to development of Ohio’s Marcellus and Utica shale resources, including these topics and speakers:
- “An Overview of the Shale Resource” with Tom Murphy of Penn State’s Marcellus Center for Outreach and Research.
- “Mandatory Pooling and Current Regulatory Issues,” by Sandra Ramos, Legal Counself for Ohio Department of Natural Resources Division of Mineral Resources Management
- “Dealing with Dormant Minerals and Old Leases,” by Eric Johnson of Johnson and Johnson Law Firm, Canfield
- “Ohio Oil and Gas Leases: A Primer,” with Gregory Russell of Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease, LLP, Columbus
- Landowner Leasing Issues Panel Discussion
- “Representing Landowner Groups in Oil and Gas Leasing,” with Chris Finney of Logee, Hostetler, Stutzman and Lehman, LLC, Wooster
For more information on our Ohio Oil and Gas Law Symposium, visit https://www.regonline.com/OilandGasLaw.